I didn’t blog over break as I thought I would. Here’s why:
- P. got sick (again) pretty much as soon as I turned in grades.
- For that matter,the whole family has not been 100% since Thanksgiving. After we got home home from my parents’ house, P woke up the next morning with his right eye swollen shut–an allergic reaction to my parents’ three cats. They set off my asthma as well, and G got sick, too.
- The day after M finished Nutcracker (December 11), I had to take the whole family to the after-hours clinic. She had bronchitis, ear infections in both ears, and tonsillitis. P had a sinus infection and tonsillitis, as did G. I got the sinus infection two days later.
- P didn’t get well like he should have, which is why I took him back to the dr the day after I turned in grades. He had ear infections in both ears. This was six days before Christmas, btw.
- I came down with food poisoning late Friday night. I have never been so sick in my life–it was truly awful. At one point, I honestly thought I was going to die. The worst symptoms abated Saturday evening, though I am nowhere near 100% yet.
- I have still eaten very little. It’s 2pm here, and so far today I’ve had a small blueberry muffin and a few graham crackers. I have little appetite, and nothing sounds good.
- Our dog, Lucky, has seriously deteriorated. He has been struggling since early last summer, and the last few weeks have been very hard for him. G and I decided this weekend that it’s time to put him down. I have scheduled the appointment. I know this is the right decision, and the vet agrees, but it is so very hard to think about saying goodbye to my sweet little Lucky dog.
- Given all of the above, I have done none of the work I need to do before the semester starts.
So there you have it: my listing of suckiness.